Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MOTHER NATURE!!

MOTHER NATURE HUMBLES ALL……….I will be the umpteenth person saying this a zillionth time. But still I felt an urge inside me to pen down this experience. May be because I want to share my joy with you all!!
I shifted in my current apartment about one month back. On the very first day I noticed a beautiful nest (I don’t know the name of the bird!!) which was just 3-4 feet from the living room window. This obviously picked my curiosity and I started observing it daily. It has 3 small-ones in it and the parents feed them turn by turn. Over this one month I have developed a special bond with these birds (may be because there is no one around to build such bonds!! J ). I have seen these little birds grow and I think they will be up and flying in about 2 weeks.
Enough of prologue…..let me get into the story before I bore you guys any further. Yesterday, while returning from work, I experienced one of the strongest winds in my life. It was so windy that even my car drifted 1-2 times. Luckily for me, it is a short drive from work to home. Reaching home, I turned the window blinds open (that’s the first thing I do normally!!). The sight outside was really frightening with the trees swaying and all sorts of things flying due to the wind. What caught my instant attention was the tree with the nest………it was moving violently and with it was the nest and the little birds inside!! I wished I could remove the nest from the tree and place it again after the wind died down. But that was far out of my reach!! So I kept on watching it helplessly as the wind became all the more violent. Somehow, the nest and birds held themselves and I was impressed by the genius with which that nest was built. But worst was still to come!!
Soon after, it started raining heavily (and I mean really HEAVILY!!). After half hour of rain the outer part of nest started to come off with the sticks hanging out and the outside compactness all gone. I couldn’t just stay there and watch it happening. So I just shut the blinds off and gave up all the hopes of the birds surviving nature’s fury. Finally when the rain stopped (after pouring for about 2 hrs), I gathered some courage only to see the nest badly damaged and no movement inside it. I thought my worst fears had come true and was very upset about it. I even cursed nature and thought it was so unfair to these birds. All the efforts in raising the little birds were wiped off by 2 hrs of stupid rain.
But as I stood there amidst all these thoughts, a familiar movement in the nest caught my attention. I was overjoyed at the sight of those little birds chirping and moving again. Soon after, the parents started feeding them and everything returned to business-as-usual!! I was in complete awe of the survival instinct and power endowed by MOTHER NATURE in these small tiny things. Once again, my belief in nature was restored and for the zillionth time, the umpteenth fellow realized the power of NATURE!!!!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Waah... Congrats on ur first post...!!! You penned it down so well !!...... Happy blogging!!

Adu Chips said...

This is too good!! u r a genius dada!! you write so well!! and the birds... wow i must meet them when I come visit you!!

Baba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baba said...

Glad that those birds survived.

Feels like opening a box of chocklet, you never know whats inside it. Seeing is beliving but taste makes the realization.

We saw it. You tasted it.

Unknown said...

sahi lihile ahes.

Adu Chips said...

well said baba!!

Sayali said...

hey...nice post..:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Chips,

I guess when you are dying to express to the world the joy of experiencing something as wonderful, the words just rush in. A very well-written entry. Keep blogging!

Sudhu :)


@Baba: Nice comments :)

Unknown said...

Its really a good experience which you have jotted down in simple yet meaningful words.

Thanks for sharing your experience....

M said...

First of all, welcome to world of blogging..
a very good start indeed... excellent post...
and yes, mother nature does leave us in awe most of the times...

Sneha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sneha said...

Good job chippi!! u shud really actively continue to blog. You cud put up the snap that we took last weekend of the birds.

Adu Chips said...

who keeps on writing and deleting comments??? why??? kuch to scoop hai!!

Reflexions said...

Very well written..and so true! The smallest of small things happening around you just prove the magic of Nature..time over time... :)
Keep blogging!

Unknown said...

You said it right! Nature has amazing powers! Well written.

p said...

Bhai... nice experience... but there is another facet to it... yeh bhi ho sakta hai ki woh birds smart and materialistic the (meri tarah)... and they were trying to get ur attention... and get FAMOUS via this blog of yours!!! (:-P)

vrushali said...

Firstly, keen observation and visualization, and lucidly written post!

Being an environmentalist, I wouldnot deny the fact that "Nature is powerful", and ofcourse it is the most powerful juggernaut on earth!

Happy to learn that you are one of those sensitive individuals that got moved by the very sight of a breaking nest. I hope all humans on earth try becoming more sensitive, and unite to make earth a better place to live! After all, we just have one planet to thrive...Imagine the immense destruction of nests in human and nature inflicted disasters...and who is responsible for them?

Regards,
Vrushali.

MyMusings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MyMusings said...

I think Bapu (Pritoooooooool) is right... They could be attention seekers... hhehe..but on a serious note, good observation and well written.
Good job Abhijit!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow chippya you never fail to amaze me. Your blog has made me hungry for more. Hope this is just the first one in many to come. Will be eagerly checking your page everyday to see if you have posted anything. Great work... proud to be your friend! :)

kau said...

i think baba said it all...
I would like to give a different flavour though...
What i feel is ,its not the Nature which helped them to make their life...but it is their desire .
i would rather say Mother's Nature tested them and they somewhat realized those sentences from godfather....and that realization of being strong helped them to come out of this ....
Baki ekdam sahi lihila ahes....

Chips said...

@all ...Thanks for all the comments!!

@ Kaustubh.....who gave these birds that power....isnt it Mother Nature herself???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.